Early Career Network
Mission: To establish a sense of community and engagement amongst early-career researchers
The NuGO Early Career Network (ECN) aims to provide a forum for nutrigenomics researchers at the start of their career.
- Opportunities to strengthen collaboration
- Support for learning and career development
- Continuing professional development
- Environments to encourage innovation
- Mentoring by senior NuGo members (as required)
- Sharing views/ needs with NuGO Management Board
Eligibility: ECN is open to any early-career scientist who is undertaking a post-graduate degree (i.e. MSc, PhD etc) or is within seven years of completing a such and is engaged nutrigenomics research
ECN activities are supported by:
- ECN forum
- Facebook group
- Annual face-to-face scientific and social events at NuGOweek
- Small but flexible budget
Committee member serve for a period of two years.
Current Members are:
- Dr Kathryn Burton (Agroscope, CH)
- Dr Colleen Fogarty Draper MS, RD (Nestlé, CH)
- Dr Fiona Malcomson (University of Newcastle, UK)
- Dr Pieter Giesbertz (Technische Universität München, DE)
- Dr Aimee Dordevic (Monash University, AU)
- Dr David Houghton (University of Newcastle, UK)
Kathryn Burton represents ECN on the NuGO Management Board.